Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Your contact information
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When visitors leave reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Contact forms
Businessesunited collects information from you when you fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use businessesunited.co.uk. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:-
- the pages you visit on BUSINESSESUNITED.CO.UK
- how long you spend on each BUSINESSESUNITED.CO.UK page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
- We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access government services and make transactions
- provide you with information about local services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Who we share your data with / Where we send your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
businessesunited.co.uk implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Third party links
- If you follow a link to BUSINESSESUNITED.CO.UK from another website
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Occasionally, at our discretion, businessesunited.co.uk may include or offer third party products or services. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Changes to Policy
BUSINESSESUNITED does not support or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content or advertisements contained, distributed through, or linked, downloaded from the services and businesses contained on this website. We do not endorse the quality of any services, products, information or materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information on Businesses United. Businesses United reserves the right, without any obligation whatsoever, to make improvements to, remove any business listing or correct any error or omissions in any part of the directory.
Businesses United is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in our online directory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acceptance of Terms
For the purpose of these conditions we refer to businessesunited.co.uk and its database collectively known as “the website” or “we”.
Businesses United provides its service to you, subject to the following conditions which may be updated from time to time without notice. You are advised to check back regularly, as our terms and conditions of service may change.
By using the website either as a registered user, guest and viewer, you demonstrate that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not use or log on to the website.
Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
This website may only be used for lawful purposes. You cannot Use the website
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to promote any illegal activity,violence and sexually explicit material
- to promote any form of discrimination
- to harm, threaten, defame abuse or harass another person
- in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on the websites technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Providing material to the Businesses United
If you provide any material to the website, you agree to grant us permission, free of charge, to use your material in any way we want (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances, we may share your material with other trusted organisations.
After posting or emailing your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose.
Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing. By providing any material to the website, and for us to be able to use it, you confirm that:
- your material is your own original work or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation), does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales; and
- that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided.
We have the right to:
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions; or
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
Listing on the Businesses United Directory
All listings are for a 12 month period. The prices and the terms of payment for a listing and entry in the Businesses United Directory are displayed at all times on this website, including the point where you choose to make a purchase.
The subscriber understands and agrees that upon purchasing a listing for their business, said listing will automatically renew on the date of expiration except where the subscriber notifies termination thereof to the Businesses United prior to the subscription’s expiration date. In such cases, the renewal shall be performed in accordance with the manner of payment originally chosen by the subscriber, at the price rate of the original subscription. A listing for one company cannot be substituted for a listing for another.
Subscribers can cancel their subscription at any time by changing their plan to a free plan, contacting us, with termination taking effect from the end of the validity period covered by the last annual payment made. For instances where a subscriber requires a listing to be removed immediately, please contact us. A refund for the remaining subscription period will not be offered. If a subscriber removes their listing within the 12 month period any reinstatement of the said listing will be charged at the price rate of the original subscription.
Please Note: Any hyperlinks to external websites included within paid for subscriptions will be non-indexable. To add other types of hyperlinks to the Businesses United Directory, please contact us.
Your dealings with subscribers or Companies and any entity whatsoever as found through this Directory and this service are solely between you and such Company, Partnership or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this Service.
Emails & Telephone
You agree to be contacted only in relation to the service we have provided you via the email or telephone number provided at submission of your listing. Those are public details which you are happy for external users of the site to contact you on also.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Businesses United and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Sites you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- your use of the service is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- we make no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, and (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
- no information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Businesses United or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from (i) the use of the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
Trademark Information & Intellectual Property Rights
The Businesses United trademarks and service marks, and other Businesses United logos and product and service names are trademarks of Businesses United. Without our prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the Businesses United logo and above mentioned.
The UK Businesses Directory respects the intellectual property of others, and we expect our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- a description of the infringed copyrighted work;
- a description of where the infringing material is located on the site;
- your address, email address, and telephone number;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The Whole Agreement
These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.